Sadia and her small but mighty team at Inspirit Foundation are focused on shifting Canada to having more inclusive and equitable media and arts, impact investing, and philanthropy sectors.
With a background in journalism, it should be no surprise that Sadia shares the power of storytelling to make change, and Inspirit follows through, providing platforms for voices to be heard, including through the Narrative Change Lab, particularly raising Muslim and Indigenous voices.
We also hear about the bold objective set by the Foundation’s Board 5 years ago and just achieved, for Inspirit to be 100% in impact investing. They are proving it’s possible.
From the philanthropic perspective, we discuss some of the challenges of addressing issues of systemic inequities, including the challenges of reaching new, grassroots organizations, and then funding them if they aren’t registered charities. This highlights the historic rules still governing the sector, and that it’s time for change.
- Inspirit Foundation: https://inspiritfoundation.org
- Fully Committed, Our Roadmap Towards a 100% Impact Portfolio: https://inspiritfoundation.org/impact-investing/
- Jory Cohen’s Personal impact Investing Journey: https://inspiritfoundation.org/jory-and-jills-personal-impact-investing-journey-part-11/
- Narrative Change Lab: https://inspiritfoundation.org/our-work/narrative-change-lab/
- Sadia Zaman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sadiazaman