The GenWell Project is a Canadian organization dedicated to making the world a healthier and happier place by educating people about the importance of proactive face to face social connection and inspiring them to take action. We’re going to hear a lot more about that from Founder, Pete Bombaci. After a successful career in the beverage industry, and then leading Movember Canada, Pete is now focusing on the rollout of this passion project.
You’re going to hear about human connection and the importance of it, something we may be taking for granted. It seems it’s not just about more interaction, but perhaps about building a support network that is key to our health. Pete points to research showing the importance of these human connections. We’ll also hear about Pete’s unique approach to this work as a marketing initiative, leveraging his background in the beverage industry, and how that may have helped or hurt the work that they are taking on.
Overall, there’s a focus on human connection as a movement and the need to embed this in our society to really make an impact. Lots to take in here. Have a listen.
- GenWell Project website: https://genwellproject.org/disconnected/
- GenWell on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegenwellproject/
- Pete Bombaci: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petebombaci
- Meet Geoff and hear his story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9y2t66yQYg
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Social connection is the strongest protective factor for depression: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200814131007.htm