In this episode, Lynn is joined by Steve Doherty, Executive Director, and Mike Burnett, Community Engagement and Education Specialist, from Youth Without Shelter in Etobicoke, ON. Steve and Mike detail the “500 in Five” Strategic Plan and all that went into its development. This includes the inclusion of lived voices from youth at the shelter, obtaining buy-in from top to bottom and across stakeholder groups, and the importance of pressure testing their Theory of Change. They also discuss the importance of data to evaluate the success of their programs.
- Youth Without Shelter www.yws.on.ca
- 500 in Five video (YouTuve): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oNp6OLOpo
- Strategic Plan 2019-2024, 500 in Five https://www.yws.on.ca/2019/06/05/yws-strategic-plan-2019-2024/
- YWS Success Stories: https://www.yws.on.ca/how-we-help/success-stories/
- Cover Me Urban: https://www.yws.on.ca/covermeurban/