In this episode, Lynn talks to Terry Cooke, President and CEO of the Hamilton Community Foundation about what is changing in Community Foundations, and how the Hamilton Foundation is leading the change.
They talk about leveraging community data and the foundation’s current focus on a collaborative effort with community partners to improve education outcomes over the next 10 years.
Lynn and Terry talk about impact investing and social finance and the Hamilton Foundation’s experience as an early adopter in this drive to invest foundation assets for community benefit as well as making grants.
Finally, they talk about the importance of staying relevant and adapting to changes in community, encouraging points of connection and conversation and ensuring donors, programs, and policies reflect and serve the community.
- Hamilton Community Foundation: https://www.hamiltoncommunityfoundation.ca
- Inspirit: https://inspiritfoundation.org
- Community Forward Fund: https://communityforwardfund.ca
- Catharine Donnelly: https://www.catherinedonnellyfoundation.org
- McConnell: https://mcconnellfoundation.ca
- ABACUS program at HCF: https://www.hamiltoncommunityfoundation.ca/grants/grant/abacus-advancing-post-secondary-access/
- Code Red (Hamilton Spec): https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9187352-code-red-10-years-later/
- Rally Assets: http://rallyassets.com
- Evergreen Brickworks: https://www.evergreen.ca/evergreen-brick-works/
- Artscape: https://www.artscape.ca
- Habitat for Humanity: https://habitat.ca/en/