As a social enterprise, we’ll hear how and why Plato Testing was created and the impact it was looking to have, intentionally setting a bold target for the number of Indigenous software testers they would create and leverage in Canada.
We hear now, five years later, how the planned impact is becoming a reality. We’ll hear about the partners they are working with, in post-secondary institutions and Indigenous training centres, and corporate partners who share in their mission and look to embed social responsibility principles in how they operate. We’ll learn of the successes they’re having, and most importantly, the impact it is having on the Indigenous employees working with Plato in various locations in Canada.
- Plato Testing: http://www.platotesting.com
- Denis Carignan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/denis-carignan-3034a083
- Governor General’s Canadian Leadership Conference: https://www.leadershipcanada.ca
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report: https://www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca/eng/1450124405592/1529106060525#chp2
- Imagine Canada: https://www.imaginecanada.ca/en
- Raven Indigenous Capital Partners: https://ravencapitalpartners.ca
- CCNB/NBCC – New Brunswick Community College: https://nbcc.ca
Thank you for listening to Impact Conversations with Lynn Fergusson & Sally Fazal
Find out more about our work at Social Impact Advisors: https://socialimpactadvisors.ca
Check out this episode!