Are you proud of how your successful organization makes your community a better place to live? Do you want to be? Craig Ryan, Director, Purpose Entrepreneurship, leads BDC’s team to help grow Canada’s national movement of certified Beneficial corporations (B Corps).
He shares with us how this thinking fits with B Corp leaders, what he sees as the resilience of B Corps and the importance of this as a model for more organizations as we come out the other side of COVID-19, with people more connected to people and place, and the impact they can make on their community.
While B Corp certification is for businesses, the free tool is a great planning tool for nonprofits and businesses alike.
- Craig Ryan: linkedin.com/in/craigryan1
- BDC: https://www.bdc.ca/en/pages/home.aspx
- BDC – 3 Steps to Becoming a Certified B Corp: https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tools/business-strategy-planning/manage-business/pages/3-steps-to-becoming-certified-b-corp.aspx
- B Corp Canada: https://bcorporation.net/about-b-lab/country-partner/canada
- B Impact Assessment: https://bimpactassessment.net/bdc
- BDC’s B Corp Effect podcast – Chandos Construction: https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tools/entrepreneur-toolkit/podcasts/pages/chandos-construction-building-better-together.aspx
- Milton Friedman Was Wrong: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/milton-friedman-shareholder-wrong/596545/